What Is a Smart Water Bottle with Bluetooth Technology?
We’ve all heard about the benefits of proper hydration at some point. And yet, so many of us still struggle with drinking enough clean water throughout the day. Luckily, there’s something that can finally make quenching thirst a lot easier.
Meet smart water bottle. Let’s discover what it’s all about.
Why Should You Care About a Water Bottle?
Most people see no need to manage their daily intake of water. Making sure you consume enough fluids during the day, though, is essential to good health and lasting wellness. Water helps regulate a slew of bodily functions, deal with various toxins and diseases, and maintain healthy body weight.
But getting enough water throughout the day is harder than it seems. It’s all too easy to get caught up in things and forget to drink enough water at the right time. Or, what’s even worse, go for those sugary drinks and other unhealthy beverages instead of drinking clean water.
Having a bottle of healthy fluids at hand seems like a decent fix for this situation. But sadly, most people forget about it until they feel thirsty, which is already a sign of dehydration. That’s where smart water bottles shine, reinventing the wheel, or in this case – the water bottle.
What Exactly Does This Smart Water Bottle Do?
Simply put, a smart water bottle is a type of reusable water bottle that helps you meet daily hydration needs. These special bottles come with a number of handy functions. As such, they track your water consumption, sync with fitness devices, and remind you to drink water throughout the day.
Smart water bottles come in different types made of these key materials:
- GlassWhile not the toughest material, glass is a great fit for those who want to freeze their water. Or who would like to keep visual track of how much water they drink? These types of smart water bottles tend to be heavier and more expensive than their alternatives.
- Metal Made of stainless steel, these smart water bottles are durable. They come with a sleek metallic design and are compatible with Bluetooth. On top of these features, they also tend to be slightly lighter than their glass counterparts.
- Plastic Being the lightest of all types, plastic smart water bottles offer the most when it comes to features. They are easy to use, effortless in cleaning, and tend to be the cheapest. They are also BPA-free, with some of them made of high-quality Tritan plastics or eco-friendly plastics.
Choosing the right smart water bottle type is important but there are plenty of other things to consider as well.
Key Things to Assess in Smart Water Bottles
There’s more to a water bottle than meets the eye. And while some may think it’s over-thinking a simple water container, it pays to give certain key features a thought.
- Size: Smart water bottles are measured in liters or ounces. Other dimensions include the smart water bottle’s length, height, and width. A good rule of thumb is to go for either 16 oz or 28 oz smart water bottles.
- Accuracy: Smart water bottles use sensors to keep track of your water intake. These sensors remind you to drink water, chart your water consumption, and measure how much water remains in the bottle. The best smart water bottles keep track of it all right off the bat.
- Design: Smart water bottles tend to mimic standard bottles, canteens, sleek glass bottles, and similar water containers. Smart water bottles come in a wide array of colors and shapes as well.
- Portability: Many smart water bottles feature a compact and lightweight design, offering handles or other practical attachments.
- Durability: No two smart water bottles are made with the same degree of quality in mind. The most durable smart water bottles tend to be made of either metal or plastic.
- Ease of Use: You may want to make sure your bottle is compatible with your fitness devices and is also easy to clean. Some water bottles are not dishwasher-safe and will require handwashing.
- Extra Features: Smart water bottles may come with a variety of extras that make it fun and easy to drink more water. Among them are LED lights, scented plastics, Bluetooth speakers, and power banks.
We hope our guide has helped you learn more about what smart water bottles are and will help you pick the best one out there for yourself.